What: Food Tour – Or Tor Kor Market by Chatuchak
When: Friday, March 9th
Time: 8:45am –12:30pm approx
Meeting Place: Asoke MRT Station – Meet at ticket booth downstairs
Limit: 9 AWC members
Join us for a fun foodie adventure! We will travel together by MRT to the market and start our morning at the Kings Store coffee shop on the edge of Or Tor Kor. After a coffee and a great scone or waffle (about 150 baht) we will explore the one-acre market.
Next, everyone will have time to buy items or just relax in the food court/drink area. We will order lunch from the food vendor stands and share samples of the really great street food available here.
There is a lovely plant market next door too if you would like a look. The orchids are beautiful with good prices. If you don't want to stay past 12:30, you can proceed to the MRT and return to Asoke MRT station.
- Please bring a hat and wear comfortable shoe as some of the market is not covered and can be slippery from ice melting by the fresh fish section
- Bring small money, as the vendors don't often have much change.
- ATM’s and drinks are everywhere so plenty of options.
- Bathrooms are OK. Bring your own tissue!
- Plan on approximately 250 baht for a drink and something to eat for lunch.
- MRT fare is about 120 baht.
- There are taxis available home if you decide to buy more than you can carry! 150 baht taxi fare will get you back near Asoke by the freeway.
- Don't forget your phone cameras! LOTS of great photo ops!
I have been in Bangkok 15 years, and every time I come to Or Tor Kor, I discover something new and delicious!
Hope you can join us!
Leader: Linda Jennings, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to RSVP is Tues, March 6th