November 12-14, 2010
The AWC annual English Camp organized by the Scholarship Committee is an event not to be missed! All AWC members and their family and sponsors are welcome to attend as volunteers to help the students improve their English skills.
The camp is being held at Udon Thammanuson School in Udon Thani this year. If you sponsor a student in the Northeast region of Thailand, this is a great opportunity to meet her in person. Don't know whether your student may be at Camp? Contact us to find out.
There will be approximately 145 students and 17 advisors. Because of such a large group, we need about 40 volunteers along with our US Peace Corps volunteers to help run the program with maximum effectiveness.
If you are looking for an authentic cultural exchange, it doesn’t get more “real” or more rewarding than English Camp. The Isaan area (the Northeast) is an amazing and culturally diverse part of Thailand to visit.
Would you like to volunteer for this very special experience?
Please complete the online registration here at AWC Online.
Note that you need to make your own flight arrangements as soon as possible. Visit the Air Asia website to book your flight to Udon Thani. It's best if you act fast to take advantage of the current promotion rate (as of 9/10/2010).
- Choose departure flight FD3360 (0725 am) on Friday morning, November 12th, and return on Sunday evening, November 14th, FD3365 (1740 pm). To get the best price, you should decline the Air Asia Traveler's Protection, Insurance, Meals, and Baggage, but the choices are up to you. If you choose to add baggage, you can expect to pay around 200-300 baht per bag.
- All ground transportation to/from the airport in Bangkok is also the responsibility of each individual.
Transportation to/from the hotel in Udon Thani will be provided during Camp days.
- We have arranged transport from the airport based on the Air Asia arrival time in Udon Thani on Friday.
We will be staying at Centara Hotel, Udon Thani. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings is included with the room rates. Because we need to pay an advance booking fee, we ask that you make your payment as soon as possible.
- 1,400 Baht for Single Room x 2 nights
- 1,500 Baht for Shared Twin or King Room (750 Baht per 2 pers x 2 nights). If sharing, please provide the name of your roommate. Or we will do our best to pair you up.
Lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday are provided during English Camp. These meals are prepared by the school cooks, so it would help if you let us know whether you prefer vegetarian meals.
Please complete the online registration form with as much information as possible. If any of your guests are under 18, we need to know for planning.
We will be in touch with further instructions and information as soon as we can.
For more information or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com