AWC Community Projects Committee
Community social welfare support has been at the heart of AWC for decades. A committee of dedicated volunteers reviews and recommends donations by AWC to Thai charities all over the country.
AWC's primary targets are underprivileged women and children, and we are committed to supporting social welfare projects in Thailand as follows:
- Community self-help, income-generating projects: Funds, supplies, or equipment for projects beneﬁting a community or group.
- Medical: Funds or supplies for hospitals, clinics, schools, or orphanages.
- Nutritional: Funds or supplies for nutritional programs.
- Education: Funds for books, supplies, scholarships, playground equipment, or teachers' salaries.
|BREAKING NEWS! Senior Citizens Smiles Project Report
The Education for Development Foundation, one of the charity recipients of the AWC Gala Dinner 2012, has finished the Senior Citizens Smiles Project which was tailor-made for AWC in support of the elderly.
With the help of many of you, AWC and EDF were able to initiate this unique project in Thailand. For the full report, please click here (report in PDF format).
PROJECTS WE SUPPORTHighlighted here are some of the charitable organizations and foundations we have helped in recent years:
- Angel's Home
- AVSI, Pae Kapuang Village Mae Hong Son
- Baan Don Klang School
- Baan Nongsalanonsawawang Primary School
- Bang Phai Nursery
- Baan Ronsai, Home for HIV children, Chiang Mai
- Baan Unrak Children's Village
- Christian Care Foundation for Children with Disabilities (CCD)
- Education for Development Foundation (EDF)
- Farm Center Disac
- Fatima Center of the Good Shepherd (Sister Louise)
- Foundation to Encourage the Potential of Disabled People
- Gift of Happiness Foundation
- Goodwill Group Foundation
- iCare Thailand
- KIS School
- Mercy House Foundation
- Night Light
- Prapadaeng Home for the Disabled
- Primary School of Village 4
- Project L.I.F.E. Foundation
- Skills Development Center for the Blind
- St. Joseph's Home
- Sister Joan Evans
- The Ruth Center, of the Project L.I.F.E. Foundation
|Video thanking AWC for funding a self-defense workshop in Kuriburi, Thailand.
"Thank you for your wonderful gift,
for joining hands with us here at
Ruth Center to bring life to the
broken, wounded and abandoned
elderly in Thailand."
~ Ruth Center Spokesperson
Every time we visit any of the charities supported by AWC, we are impressed by the efficiency and kindness with which the leaders do their duty to the community. If you or an organization you know of needs assistance, please download the AWC Community Projects Guidelines and Project Proposal form and submit it for consideration. Or contact us for more information.
Would you like to make a difference? ...GET INVOLVED!
There are many ways to be a part of Community Projects. Click on the link to learn more.
How to Help ~ Whether it's simply collecting small change, contributing toiletries, or donating gently-used household items, you can help.
Annual Toy Drive ~ Put smiles on the faces of children (and YOU!) by joining this event.
Volunteer Opportunities ~ Many organizations needs assistance, and there might be just the right fit for you.
The Community Projects Committee welcomes your participation in any role you choose. For more information, call the office at 02-712-3380/1. You may also contact the Community Projects Committee.
Return to top
Updated September 12, 2012